CocktailAudio Forum

Normale Version: Querry error
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
Hi everybody,

Experiencing some issues with the x50.

Here's a copy of the email i send to the customer support today.

"

We just receive the x50 from your company but it's totaly impossible to import music in the Music DB.

I ve spend a couple of hours trying to resolve the issue but nothing to do.

First configuration was setting up with 2 western digital red 4To in Raid mirror configuration then  I ve founded that those disks were incompatible and try with 1 WD Entreprise 4 To but it s failed too.

When ripping a CD or importing music from an external source i  get the message “track already exist”. 

I tryed to recover the music DB, changing location, downgrading, upgrading, emergency flash, formating, fixing (under windows and the x50 both ext4 and ntfs) and always get the same result, Querry error under music db and track already exist when importing.

All the disks are Ok and were recognised on the X50.

Cdt

F.Yoann

"
If somebody has an idea....
it looks for me as the device don't have any storage for the musicDb. That's while all the rest fail. Please check under Setup / MusicDB / Storage, if there is some storage device selected. If you have problems with your harddisc, maybe you can make a test with an USB-Stick as storage.
i don't suggest to use Enterprice Disc in a Music-Server.
WD-Red should work in X50, but maybe you made something wrong in Raid-Setup (and there is some bug in my opinion with showing the discs in Raid mode)
So please test first with single disc setup
Thanks for your advices.

I tryed with an usb stick only and it has worked.

Then i putted a new 500GB barracuda in the x50 with usb stick still selected has musicdb storage an the error come back.

The disk is fully recognised by the x50 as the WD red and the WD enterprise i ve used too.

Then i unpluged the disk and it worked again with the key only.

I tryed with the disk only (reformated) and still doesn t worked. 

It seems that the x50 can t write on an HDD.
Maybe you should try a factory reset and start at once with the install wizard. Maybe you missed the part to install the database on your hd.
(18.02.2017, 03:17 PM)Carlo schrieb: [ -> ]Maybe you should try a factory reset and start at once with the install wizard. Maybe you missed the part to install the database on your hd.

Tryed that and what is strange is that the x50 has never proposed to format any of the raw disks under the 2 firmware.

I can do it manually in the setup menu but not with the install wizard.

After setting up the time  the main menu appears directly.
Maybe i have an answer of your problems

I have the same problems with my X50, it was not possible to get a working RAID-System  Angry

Now it works on my X50!

In the user manual on page 17 is written that you must set the two dip-switches to ON to geht RAID1, also imprinted on the socket board.
This is a mistake. By picture you can see that the Switches are OFF!!!
In this configuration my system runs perfekt in RAID1 modus.
I can switch off one of the two HDDs and it works
Try it and see ...

Good luck  Wink

Andreas
On the first raid configuration I putted the 2 switchs on On and could see that some folders were created on the 2 disks so the raid shoulded be active.

All the disks are always recognized but seems that the DB files are corrupted when they are created on an HDD.
how can you see, that something is created on the discs?
Have you also swap the cable and press the button to initialize the raid?
After that you have also to format the harddisc (you should see only 1 harddisc in that case in format dialog!)
Thanks for your response.

The x50 has been taken down for rma so we will see.

I can see the same folders on each disk after connecting them with a sata dock station.
I work in IT so you can be sure that the setup has been correctly made.
Raid seems Ok but the DB file seems locked or corrupted.

Thanks for your time.