CocktailAudio Forum

Normale Version: Copying file to the MusicDB
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
Hi, I’ve got a 256 GB SSD in the X40 and I would like to copying my music files from my Synology NAS to my Cocktail Audio X40. I thought that it was an 10/100/1000 ethernet connexion? 

It’s about 150 Gigabit music that I will import into the database. That takes 17 hours to do that while using the ethernet connection?  I think that's a long time... Are there users with the same experience here?

Is there anything I can do that make it a little faster? 

(I share a Music map on the Synology and on the X40 I use the NET function while copying/importing)
Gigabit network interface don't mean, that it also reach the maximum speed. This is just an interface specification.
Problem on the copy speed it the limitation of the CPU itself. The CPU is optimized for media playback and not for fast file transfer :-(
Import over network is already faster than via USB. Speed over USB could be only about half
(15.02.2016, 09:52 AM)Administrator schrieb: [ -> ]Gigabit network interface don't mean, that it also reach the maximum speed. This is just an interface specification.
Problem on the copy speed it the limitation of the CPU itself. The CPU is optimized for media playback and not for fast file transfer :-(
Import over network is already faster than via USB. Speed over USB could be only about half

Ok,thanks for this information.